Musings from the Mundane

Why not write and pass on this simple mundane life?

20040820

My blogger's lament and creed

For those who will laugh and criticize and for those who won't; I've finally decided to join the clique and start posting my own blog. Before I did (or am doing) this, I thought to myself that surely there must be some sort of blogger's creed that all good publishers must follow....

Much to my googlishness dismay, I was unable to locate one that was not in reference to a recent political campaign in this country.

I present my blogger's creed which I propose to attempt to follow in future postings, to which I will attempt to be bound (and to which I am sure earns me a ranking at a lower level of Dante's Inferno):

Blogger's Creed
I believe in one blog,
the word, the all great written word,
maker of what you read here and what you might read here,
of all that is written and exposed upon.

I believe in one blog, this blog,
a silly blog to read,
eternally written in one's and zeros,
blog from blog, mundane from mundane,
true word from true word,
begotten, and written, one in reading from my brain.
Through the blog all unimportant things are important.
For us all and for our reading
the blog came from another place:
by the power of another's mind

the blog was born of one's and zeros, and became written word.
For our sake the blog was edited by spellcheck;
the blog suffered, edited, and was saved.
On the internet, the blog was read again in fulfillment of the hypertext-transfer protocol;
the blog was read by others
and is remembered importantly by few.
The blog will come again in glory as others read and judge,
and the blog will have no end.
I believe that the blog, the written word, and the ones and zeros,
who proceeds from my mind.
With the neurons and fingertips of my hands it is spread to your mind.
The blog has spoken through the ones and zeros.
I believe in one's thoughts and written word.
I acknowledge that I wrote this for other's to read.
I look for the reflection that other's reading this offers and the life of the world to come.
Blog-em.

(Bonus points if you recognize from hence this has been b*st*rdized)

5 Comments:

At 2:22 PM, Blogger c. said...

Nicene Creed. What better way to start a blog than to publish pure blasphemy. Goes right along with the religion topic as well. I'm pretty sure there's a place in "hell" for those who parody the core beliefs of the Catholic Church. This is certainly an excommunicable offense.

My favorite part:

For our sake the blog was edited by spellcheck;
the blog suffered, edited, and was saved
If you didn't grow up Catholic, you just wouldn't appreciate how blasphemous those two lines are. Believers are actually supposed to bow at the point where "suffered, edited, and saved" comes up. In the Nicene Creed, Catholics say "he suffered, died, and was burried". It's the climax to the whole Christ story. AND one stays in the bowed position until all say "On the third day he rose in fulfillment of the scriptures."

Knowing you still identify yourself as Catholic, this took some balls. I'm emailing a copy to Father Wolf, our mothers' parrish priest.

Welcome to the blogging underworld.

 
At 2:37 PM, Blogger Liezel said...

Probably the funniest thing I've seen on Blogger thus far. As a Catholic myself, this was something I could never remember for the life of me (The creed)

Great stuff you got here. Enjoyable. My blog deals with randomness, idiocy, and tossing midgets. :)

 
At 4:27 PM, Blogger Annie said...

This is a bloggerrific post. Good luck getting lower in Inferno!

 
At 12:45 PM, Blogger Dern said...

Thanks for the encouragement Sister C, the Sophist, and Liezel. Christian, thanks for reminding me of my blasphemy and tattling to the hometown parish priest. The Sophist; you always publish an interesting read. Liezel I tried to get into your site to read about Midget tossing, but was let down by the internet....

 
At 7:12 AM, Blogger Liezel said...

I had to hide the midgets in my blog. (They're not Catholic.) :) Love the Blogger's Lament and Creed.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home