Musings from the Mundane

Why not write and pass on this simple mundane life?

20061105

Whatcha Been Up To

Not much.

I've been working on scanning film from 2004 for awhile. (Good thing most prints get put in albums and then the negs just get stacked in the same place.....they're in some sort of chronological order that way...helps remember what the pics are...)

It will take some time to expose 2004 to y'all, but I can say 2004 was a crazy year for me. I vacationed in Fiji that February. I took a few weekend drives that spring. I spent my birthday in the Bay; and made at least 3 more trips down there that summer. I bought a house that fall. I took a job with another company about the same time. The week after I moved I was in Honolulu for the remainder of the year.

I've been spending a bunch of time in the Library/Den Office working on the scans, so I've had time to work on getting this room sorted. I ran across an old (2004) Willy Week Cheap Eats directory which I've started to go through (Thursday Nights or Saturday mornings...depending on the type of place).

This week's Eat....Abhiruchi. Its an Indian Food restaurant stating that it serves both Southern and Northen Indian Food (I don't know what the differences are). Its located in a strip mall in Beaverton, close to a Kmart and Grocery Outlet. It is also next to a faux Irish Pub (Maguffy's Pub) and a hole in the wall Mexican Food place. The food is pretty good and the family running the place were friendly. It is not busy on a Thursday night, but looks like it is set up for lunch buffet. I imagine its busy at lunch (it is near the Nike Campus). I'd go again if I lived in Beaverton.

That's the update....enjoy (or groan) as 2004 is presented in the sidebar below over the coming months....


Diamondhead at Dusk, Magic Island, Oahu, November 2004, by LHD

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home