Musings from the Mundane

Why not write and pass on this simple mundane life?

20090416

My History Recollection

Today's Boston Tea Party

I'm not sure what to make of today's Tea Party Activities. In general, it seems to me that a president inherits the effects of the last term during their first year in office.
(Yes you heard me, I think that FDR's 100-day successes are a knockoff effect of what Hoover was trying to do...)


I did see many angry people in Pioneer Courthouse Square today. But on one hand, they looked like fairly well off people complaining about taxes. Different from the people who continually ask me if I want to save the polar bears, seals, forests, start a bearded army of ????, want to be my buddy (presumably for some sort of religious reason), or just flat out want/demand change (monetary kind that is).



On the flip side, personally, I am working on a 10% reduction in pay and not entirely sure if I'll end up with another reduction before this thing is through....so not wanting more taxes myself. Currently I feel anguish about bankers, big business, and so-called Washington politics; but think that enventually bankers need for more money will let money flow to the masses, the people in business that make money will get back to stepping on people to make money, and that this experiment started around 230 years ago won't collapse on itself yet.



I don't know, the Original Boston Tea Party happened on December 16, 1773 (source Wikipedia) and my understanding is it happened to protest a Tax without representation. Should I be protesting a tax without representation? Unsure....I have elected representatives who hopefully represent the masses electing them, and (after completing my taxes tonight) did come to the conclusion that my tax refund is similar to last years, but yet feel the needs of this corner of our nation not met.

Kinda rambling here, interested in thoughts others might have to say....


Hood!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home